So you have a website already but you don't know how it performs? Let us help you fix that...FOR FREE! Google Analytics is a great program offered for free from Google. All you need is a Google account and a website. We have created a step by step Tutorial for how to setup your Google Analytics account and start receiving data today.
These 3 simple steps will let you see how many people are visiting your website, where did they come from, where did they go, where did they come from Cotton Eye Joe.
- Step 1 - Sign Up
- Visit www.google.com/analytics and create an account, or sign in with your existing Google Account
- Once signed up, you'll see the setup screen. Input your website information
- Website Name: Name of your website
- Website URL: Use your web address (Example: www.pulsemediasolutions.com)
- Industry: Choose most applicable
- Time Zone: Self explanatory
- Account Name: Company/Website Name
- Data Sharing: Best to leave them selected unless you have valid concerns/reasons not to.
- Click the Get Tracking ID button
- Step 2 - Install Tracking Code
This may sound intimidating, but Google has made very easy
- If you are using WordPress, see documentation for the plugin we recommend using (All In One SEO) for where to input the necessary information.
- If you aren't using WordPress, don't fret. The installation is almost as easy as WordPress. If you have doubts or fears, let your web developer put this in place. If they don't know how to...call us because you need a new web developer.
- Copy the exact code
- Paste it before the ending head tag in your HTML code.
- Step 3 - Have a party